Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Quinn: Ireland will return to bond markets next year

The Education Minister Ruairi Quinn has said the Government is determined to return to the bond markets next year, despite suggestions that Ireland should begin talks on a second bailout.

One of the world's biggest banks, Citigroup, has urged Finance Minister Michael Noonan to negotiate a second bailout in case Ireland remains locked out of the markets.

Launching a €4m science initiative in DCU this morning, Education Minister Ruairi Quinn said no decisions had been taken on a second bailout, and that Ireland would return to the bond markets next year.

"We intend still to be in a position to re-enter the markets at the end of 2013 should we want to do so," he said

No comments:

Post a Comment